Since January you have received 6 nominations! This is the most for any nurse since the program’s inception in 2007. The following excerpts are from each nomination from your patients and one from a family member:
1. “…She is always there when I need her …. She is supportive … I wish she was my nurse all the time…. She is a sweetheart.”
2. “…She always listens to me … She gives me hope when I had a bad time … she never gives up on me, she encourages me not to give up too. I know I’m in good hands and I’m glad to be a Kaiser member.”
3. “Maria Cheng treated me the last four days with compassion and care…. A very fine nurse. Thank you for providing her.”
4. “After being NPO for 2-1/2 days, Maria went to extraordinary efforts to track down the doctor and get me food and drink. Although it isn’t the highest medical priority it provided a big emotional boost and was the point at which I began to feel better. She is wonderful.”
5. “…She helped me with my fear of surgery. She would talk to me and assure me of the good doctors Kaiser had. I was scared! She was a professional and caring nurse.”
6. “Maria called me 3 times through the night to advise me of my husband’s condition. She stopped to hear every comment and find out what works for him as well as call the doctors as needed. Her compassion and professionalism warrant recognition….”
It is with this kind of compassionate and dedicated care that Kaiser Permanente and the DAISY Foundation present you with the DAISY award.